Creating a new product includes multiple parts:
- Create a new product
- Extra settings
- Video example
When all the mandatory attributes are added you can hit Save. Each product will then be given a unique identifier.
Create a new product
- In the menu, select Product.
- Select Catalog.
- Click New Product.
N.B.If you don't see the "New Product" button, you don't have the right to create a new product. Contact your manager to get access.
The first thing you have to do is to identify the product.
- Name - Enter the product name.
- Brand - Add the correct brand.
- Product group - Add the appropriate product group.
- Size system - Select the correct size system.
- Product code - The products' article number.
- Color code - The products' color code.
- Gender - Add the gender.
- Season - Add the correct season.
- Color - Add color.
To add a new brand/product group/season or color hit the + button
InfoIf you don't have the appropriate size system or missing a size on an existing size system you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When creating a new product, you have to add price.
- Purchase price: The price the merchant pays the supplier for the product. The exchange rate will be displayed underneath the purchase price.
- Landed cost: Purchase price + the cost of aquiring the product. The reports in Portal is calculated using landed cost.
- Calculation: Landed cost = Purchase price * exchange rate * duty * freight %
- Recommended retail price: The recommended retail price from supplier.
- Sale price: The sale price of the product in Front Systems POS.
- Gross margin %: The net sale price - the cost of the goods sold (COGS). This is the sales revenue aquired from selling this product.
TIPIf you enter the purchase price and hit tab, the landed cost and sales price will be automatically generated based on exchange rate, duty and freight
When you have added a size system in the Identification-step, a stock quantity bar is added to the bottom of the page.
We recommend adding products in purchase orders, but if you want to correct or add stock quantity directly in the catalog, you can do this here.
The box will show you what you are about to add. The smaller number underneath the box will show you what you have in stock.
ImportantAfter adding stock quantity to the product, the size system can't be changed. You will notice that the size system box will be locked. If you've added the wrong size system, you have to delete the product and start over.
If you want to add a picture to your product, this can be done either by dragging a picture from a folder to the picture field or hitting Click to browse.
If you've added multiple pictures, the picture displayed in the box will be the main picture. Be aware that if you have an online store, this will be the picture displayed in the front.
To select another main picture hit the right/left arrow until you get the desired picture.
To delete a picture, find the picture and hit Delete.
- Maximum file size: 10MB. Pictures exceeding this limit will not be uploaded.
- Accepted file formats: .JPEG, .PNG.
- Videos are not accepted
In the description box you can type any descriptive text on the product. This is particulary useful if you have your products in an online store.
Block label printing
This function is used to block label printing for specific items. This can be particularly useful for products that are so small that it is difficult to use a full GTIN-13 barcode label.
When activating this, you can't print out labels for this specific product. However, you'll be able to print out a barcode list that can be put next to the Front Systems POS. This barcode list can be found by selecting Admin > Barcode list.
If you want your product online, you need to have this function activated. If you no longer wish to have this product shown in your online store, this has to be deactivated.
The use of tags is not mandatory, but they create indexed keywords that can be used for comparison of products without using dedicated groupings such as brand, group etc.
Using tags will allow you to add filters to a warehouse when using FrontZapp, filter sales reports / inventory reports, and to share your tags in your online store.
TIPDon't use too many tags. The purpose of tags will then be lost - In example, don't have one tag for each product in the catalog. Instead, use a few, good and concise keywords that can be used to compare similar products.
- GTIN (Global Trade Item Number) is used to give products and services a unique number.
- If your products come with a GTIN from supplier, these can be added to the product in the catalog so that the barcode can be scanned at checkout. Adding GTIN from supplier eliminates the need to print product labels.
- In addition, GTIN lables are important for sale and marketing through Google Shopping (AdWords), Shopify and other online channels.
Registering GTIN labels from supplier manually in the product catalog
- Before you add the GTIN codes to a product, you have to choose a Size System. The GTIN field will be locked until the size system is chosen. The GTIN field will shows a dropdown list with the various sizes in the size system.
- Type in the GTIN code and hit Add (this has to be done per size).
All the GTINs added, will now be displayed under the GTIN field.
InfoTo remove a GTIN label, click on the x-symbol on the right of the GTIN code you want to remove.
Watch the video below to see how you add a new product in the catalog.