To be able to print labels from an iPad, you need a Front Systems softed Rasberry Pi (pictured below). The Rasberry Pi and the label printer must be on the same network, so make sure the label printer and Rasberry Pi is connected to the same switch/router and that they are both powered on.
To set up the Rasberry Pi you need the following:
- Ethernet-cabel (RJ45)
- Available port on the switch/router
- Available electrical outlet
- A softet SD-card (this should already be plugged in the Rasberry Pi when received)
This is how you set it up:
- Connect the power cable to an outlet
- Connect the Ethernet cabel from the Rasberry Pi to an available port on the switch/router. Make sure that it is connected to the same network as the label printer and the iPad.
- On the iPad (or any device on the same network), go to google.com and search "Show my IP". You will then get a public IP adress (For example: 193.192.992.09)
- Note down the public IP adress and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with info about the store and departement where this Rasberry Pi has been set up.
- When we have received this information, we will connet the Rasberry Pi to your store in our system. You will then receive an email when it is all good to go.
N.BWhen you have received an email from us saying that it is all set up, you need to select a label printer in Portal to print. Follow this guide.
If you have any questions regard this, please contact email@example.com