To be able to print labels from an iPad, you need a Front Systems pre-configured Raspberry Pi (see the image below). The Raspberry Pi and the label printer must be on the same network, so make sure the label printer and Raspberry Pi is connected to the same switch/router and that they are both powered on.
To set up the Raspberry Pi you need the following:
- Ethernet-cable (RJ45)
- Available port on the switch/router
- Available electrical outlet
- A pre-configured SD-card (this should already be plugged in the Raspberry Pi when received)
This is how you set it up:
- Connect the power cable to an outlet.
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the Raspberry Pi to an available port on the switch/router. Make sure that it is connected to the same network as the label printer and the iPad.
- On the iPad (or any device on the same network), navigate to google.com and search "Show my IP". You will then get a public IP address (For example: 193.192.992.09).
- Note down the public IP address and send it to email@example.com along with details about the store and department where this Raspberry Pi has been set up.
- Once we have received this information, we will connect the Raspberry Pi to your store in our system. You will then receive an email once done.