Before setting up the label printer with a network connection, you must have the following ready:
- Free network port to the network (LAN).
- DHCP address assignment is turned on for the network (c ontact your network administrator to receive this information).
Set up the label printer
- Connect one end of the network cable to the LAN port on the printer and the other end to an available port on the switch.
- Check that the label roll is inserted correctly in the printer.
- Make sure the sensor is centered as shown in the picture (this is important).
- Power on the print agent (pre-configured Raspberry Pi from Front Systems) and connect it to the same network as the label printer. (Ignore this step if you already have a print agent on the same network from before.)
- The print agent will find the label printer automatically and connect it to the Front Systems Portal.
NBIf the printer does not appear in Portal after 5-10 min. contact Front Systems Support.
Manual calibration (only for iPad POS with Raspberry Pi print agent)
- Turn off the printer by pressing the on/off switch on the back of the printer.
- Hold down the feed button (round button on the front) while turning the printer back on.
- Continue to hold the round button until the display shows 'Calibrate'.
- Release the feed button and the printer will calibrate itself.
Please sign in to leave a comment.