- The POS settlement has to be done per point-of-sale (POS).
- The POS settlement has to be confirmed in the form of a Z-report, and can't be redone once completed. However, if necessary, you can register an additional settlement on the same day.
- The POS settlement works in the same way as a bank reconciliation in the sense that it retrieves all transactions since the previous POS settlement. This means that the sales that are registered after the completed POS settlement, are automatically registered on the next settlement.
Do the following
- Select More followed by POS under the POS menu
- Select POS Settlement (Z-report)
To reconcile the terminal select Reconcile terminal. If you need a copy of the reconciliation select Copy reconciliation.
Cash opening balance from the last settlement
The ingoing balance from the previous completed settlement. This is the amount of cash that should be in the cash drawer at the beginning of the day.
Grand total cash
Total cash balance = Ingoing cash balance + cash registered during the day.
Total withdrawals from POS
If you withdraw money from the cash drawer during the day or at the end of the day, select the + button on the right of side of the total withdrawals to POS box, enter the amount and a short explanation per withdrawal.
N.B.This is a function for registering withdrawals of cash from the cash drawer.
Total deposits to POS
If you have made a deposit to the cash drawer during the day, select the + button on the right side of the total deposits to POS box, enter the amount and a short explanation per deposit.
N.B.This is a function for registering cash deposits in the cash drawer. Remember to use this function on the first day if there is a cash balance in the cash drawer.
Cash in POS
Count the total amount of cash in the cash drawer (exclude any withdrawals).
Cash in POS = Grand total cash +- Withdrawals / Deposits.
This symbol means no deviation on the settlement.
Terminal reconciliations since the last Z-report
This is the amount of bank reconciliations since the last settlement
Completing the POS settlement
Add any comments deemed necessary in the Comments box.
Select Complete settlement