In this article:
- What is Conflict management
- How to resolve conflicts
- Where can I find the conflict page (automatic import)
What is conflict management?
Conflict management lets you handle and resolve conflicts when working with product imports, both via manual and automatic file import.
Trying to import products with dimensions that are unknown in your product setup will cause conflicts, and these must be resolved in order to have valid data prior to import.
Conflicts arise from:
- Unknown product group
- Unknown brand
- Unknown season
- Unknown size
- Several size systems that match the product
For example: Say, you try to import a file where some of the products have the product group 'Pants', while in your product group setup you have the product group 'Trousers'.
How to resolve conflicts?
When there is a conflict, do the following:
- From the drop-down list, choose to link the unknown dimension to one that is already registered in your product setup. In the example above, in the drop-down list under Group/subgroup, you can choose to link 'Pants' to 'Trousers'.
- Create the missing dimension.
When you have added the missing dimension, click Update rules. Do this on all the conflicts that have been listed.
When you have resolved all the conflicts, click Next to run the import.
N.B.If there are unknown sizes, contact Front Systems Support for further assistance.
Note down the unknown sizes and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I find the conflict page (automatic import)?
Conflict page can be accessed via Portal.
- Navigate to Integrations under the Admin menu on Portal.
- If there are conflicts that need to be resolved, you will see the relevant integration with the label Failed.
- Click Try again.
For every import, an email will be sent to the given email address including the status of the import.
If it has temporarily stopped, click on Resume import directly in the email to be redirected to the Conflicts page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.