Only Company Admins can create new users and invite them to use the system.
With a role-based access control, each user can handle tasks specific to their role. This provides visibility on any changes made by the user and ensures correctness.
We therefore recommend all employees having their own user account in Portal.
Avoid sharing an account among users. Every account is intended for use by only one person.
To create a user account, do the following:
1. Navigate to Admin and then select Users.
2. Click New user.
3. Add the employee's information and select user type.
4. Click Save.
Add access to store(s)
After the user has been saved, you must select which store(s) the employee needs access to.
Do the following:
1. Click the + symbol to select the relevant store and a backoffice role.
2. If the user needs access to multiple stores, repeat the steps above.
3. Click Save.
N.B.User type = Company Admin will by default have full access to all stores in the company.
Grant POS access to user
In order to process sales, the user needs to have access to the Front Systems POS.
Do the following:
1. Click the edit icon on the relevant user.
2. Toggle the POS access button ON to enable access.
Send invitation to user
Once the user account is created, you can send a registration email invitation.
This invitation will be sent to the user's email where they need to follow the registration link and set up a password for the account.
Invitation status definitions
Not invited : The employee has not been invited to use Portal.
Sent : An invitation has been sent to the user's email, but has not been responded to and accepted.
- Delivered : Recipient has received the email in their inbox.
- Read : Email has been read.
- Bounce: Email could not be delivered to the registered email address.
Expired : Invitations that the user has not responded to in time and have thus expired.
- By default, the registration link in the email invitation will be valid for 30 days.
- These invitations will need to be resent if the user would like to access Portal.
Active : Invitations that the user has responded to and accepted.