Prepare for stock count
- Make sure all products are labeled. (Unlabeled items can disrupt the flow of the stock count)
- Remove products that are not to be counted; items that have already been sold, product complaints and products that has been transferred to another stock through a product transfer.
- Make sure you have the latest version of FrontZapp installed. Go to App Store, search for FrontZapp and press Update. If it says Open, you already have the latest version.
- Charge all the iPhones.
FrontZapp prevents the phone from going into sleep mode and the camera is constantly on as long as you do not lock the screen yourself. Therefore, FrontZapp consumes a relatively large amount of energy and you should therefore make sure that everyone who is doing the stock count has fully charged batteries. We recommend employees with iPhones with poor battery quality to use a powerbank.
- Schedule the stock count to be performed outside of opening hours. Then you don't have to keep track of if products sold/returned have been counted or not. However, if you do a stock count while the store is open, remember to count items before they're sold and don't count returned items.
- Make sure all iPhones have a stable WiFi / 4G connection.
- Use "Post It" notes to write down the name of the one who counted what and the time. Put these on the shelves as they finish counting. This is to make sure nothing is counted twice and to remember what has already been counted.
What should be counted?
- Items must be counted before they are sold.
- Products missing a barcode label should be re-labeled and then scanned immediately.
N.B.It's not enough to scan items with the Point-Of-Sale' barcode scanner, you must scan the products in FrontZapp before they're sold.
What should not be counted?
- New product deliveries shall not be included in the stock count if they haven't been registered and received before the stock count was created.
- Products added to the system after the stock count was created, shall not be counted.
- Returns and complaints shall not be included in the count if they were received after the stock count was created.