To ensure that all counted products are uploaded to the server, it is important to do the following on all iPhones before closing the app.
- iPhone has Internet connection.
- FrontZapp is active.
- Leave FrontZapp open for 5 minutes before closing the app.
You're almost done. But before you finish, make sure you have counted all items. This section will help you uncover any potential errors.
- In the stock count, tap List of items.
- Select Product list.
- Tap List. The products with the highest amount of deviation will be listed first.
- If you've forgotten to count these items, count them. If this is a real deviation, leave it as is.
Possible causes of discrepancies
Discrepancies can occur if the count isn't done correctly. We recommend that auditors are notified of these types of deviations.
- A positive deviation occurs when you count more items than what has been registered in your stock. Possible reasons for this might be that you have received returns (regular returns, supplier returns and complaints) without reregistering them into the system, or counted returns that came in after the stock count was created. Another possible reason is that you have entered a wrong amount (lower amount) in a product delivery than what you actually received and counted these items.
- A negative deviation occurs when you count fewer items than what has been registered in your stock. Possible reasons for this might be that you've sent goods back to the supplier or moved goods, e.g. to another store in the same chain, without registering this in the system. Another possible reason might be that, during a count, an item has been sold without it having been counted.
Correction of stock count errors
I forgot to count an item before I sold it
- Print out a new label for the sold item in the same size and count/scan the label. If you don't have the opportunity to print out a new label, you'll have to do a manual correction in the catalog after you have reconciled the stock count.
I accidentally counted/scanned items that were delivered after I started a count
- In FrontZapp, go to List of items and Your list, this has to be corrected on the phone that wrongly counted the item, find the item and adjust to the correct amount or delete the item completely.
I accidentally reconciled the stock count before I finished counting
- Contact Front Systems Support at email@example.com. Front System Support can reopen the reconciled stock count, so that you can continue counting your stock.
I have counted items that don't appear in the stock count list.
- Open the stock count in FrontZapp on all the iPhones that joined the stock count, and leave it open for 5 minutes to make sure everything has been uploaded before the app is closed. Check that the iPhone(s) has stable Wifi/4G connection. Click the cogwheel in the main menu in FrontZapp and update the warehouse by clicking Product data updated, so we are sure that everything you have counted has been loaded.