Region settings lists the tax rules in your region. Different tax rules apply in different regions.
This is only relevant for companies that have stores in different countries and tax regions.
This section describes the different tax rules for the relevant region.
These are pre-defined tax rules that will be applied by default to all products sold in that region. These tax rules cannot be edited.
Custom tax rules:
Here you can create custom tax rules to sell products that are taxed at different rates. This will override the default tax rule.
How to set up custom tax rule:
- Select + in custom tax rules section.
- Select the percentage tax rate that you want to apply.
- Select if the Minimum taxable amount must be applied to the whole amount or amount exceeding a threshold.
- Select the group or a tag you want to apply the tax rule to and then select the corresponding value from the drop down.
- Click Save to save the tax rule.