General information on GTINs
- GTIN is the abbreviation for Global Trade Item Number.
- It is a global unique number from the manufacturer for a specific product, and it identifies the exact product in terms of color, size, name and such.
- GTIN is becoming increasingly important as many online platforms require the products to be registered and published with their original GTIN.
How to register GTIN from supplier
A GTIN on a product can be added when you create the product or later.
Do the following:
- Navigate to Catalog (Product > Catalog).
- Select the product you want to add the GTINs.
- If this is a new product you first have to add a size system. If not, enter the GTIN under the Identifier section on the right-side of product details page.
- Click Add.
- Add GTINs for the remaining sizes.
All the added GTINs, will be displayed under the GTIN field.
Remove a GTIN
To remove a GTIN label, click on x next to the GTIN label.
When an invalid GTIN is entered, a message asking if you would like to continue with the invalid GTIN will be displayed.
An invalid GTIN will be indicated with a warning sign.