This article focuses on how to set up different types of discounts, update and manage existing discounts.
Below are the four discounts types offered.
Discount items automatically without having the need to manually add a discount code.
Discount items by creating a coupon code that can be shared with customers or on eCommerce website.
Discount offered to an employee on the purchase of products sold by the employer.
This is excluded from an employee's taxable income provided it does not exceed a threshold amount per income year. Any discount exceeding the threshold is taxable.
Registered customer discount:
Discount items for only those customers that are registered.
Include or Exclude stores
Here, you can apply the discount either on all stores or restrict it to some stores by using the include / exclude option.
Click on 'Included stores' and select the relevant ones from the drop-down list.
To exclude, click on 'All stores except excluded stores' and select the ones to be left out.
For every discount type that is selected, specify the dates for which the discount is valid.
- If both Start and End date are specified, discount is active within that period.
- If only Start date is specified, discount is active from that date and does not expire.
- If you want the discount to be valid for one day, then select the next day as End date. The End date is not inclusive.
- If Start and End date are empty, discount is active by default.
Requirement & Effect
You can create the different types of discount based on the following requirements:
- Minimum quantity of items: Set the number of items that the customer must purchase to avail the discount. Specify if you want to include all or specific items* to be eligible for discount.
- Purchase amount: Define the minimum and/or maximum purchase amount in order to receive the discount. Specify if you want to include all or specific items* to be eligible for discount.
- Discount on any purchase: Choose whether you want to discount all items in the purchase or specific items* only.
*specific items: You can select specific items using either Brand, Collection, Product Group, Season or Tag.
Suppose that you have tagged some of your products as 'winter2022' (via Catalog or Deliveries) and at the end of the season have decided to offer a winter sale of 50% off.
To include these specific items in the winter sale, configure the requirement that you have chosen.
To do so, select 'Specific items' in Apply to items section and then search for 'winter2022' under Tag.
You can select a desired effect to fulfill a specific requirement for the discount.
Choose whether you want to define a new price for the item, apply a percentage or a fixed amount discount, use price list (for instance, give discounted prices for customer club members) or a free item where the free discount is applied to the lowest priced item.
This option is only applicable when the requirement for discount is Minimum quantity of items.
Using this requirement, you create a discount that offers either the cheapest item for free or a reduced price when the customer purchases the specified number of items.